Re: pwd option to return windows path

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 09:51:45PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 06:28:24PM -0700, Edward Peschko wrote:
> >Give me a month or so.  And please, if you don't want to hear what I
> >say, or otherwise disagree with what I say, redirect me to /dev/null!
>
> This mailing list is not a free for all.  If "what you say" is
> repeatedly off-topic, you will eventually be blocked.
>
> Here's another off-topic subject for you: Please, no more pleas to get
> me to engage you in private email.  This really is off-topic and
> pointless.

The problem is, chris, that I have no way of telling what you will find 'off-topic'
and what you won't.

One of my gut feels is that you find the whole idea of combining the two
projects together in any way 'off-topic'. In which case I will be blocked because there
is no way in hell I can do so without in some way taking the m-word project in account.
Whether it be hacking setup.exe to download and install various mingw subprojects,
or tinkering with cygwin.

As for my pleas to take it private, all I am doing is trying to prevent another
flamewar.  People shouldn't have to listen to bickering and arguing.

Personally, I think that gunter had the best option - if you don't like what I say,
just - personally - direct me to /dev/null. Problem solved. If people think that I'm
not 'on topic' I'll get ignored.

And my guess is that you sure as hell aren't going to accept any patches that do what
you - as I can see - find exceedingly distasteful, so what's the point in having the
up-front aggravation?

Ed