Re: Cygwin Setup 99% (fwd)

The solution I found to setup hanging was to use the Windows Task Manager to kill the cygpath process (not the setup process) that causes the hang. This enables setup to complete the rest of the install. The reason nothing quite works for you is that setup runs post-install scripts at the end and if you kill setup when it hangs, these scripts don't all get run.

I presume that killing this process will still cause something to misbehave because some part of the install has failed - but I haven't found what that problem might be yet.

--
Andy Rushton, Research Fellow, School of ECS, Southampton University
address: rm 3053, Mountbatten Building (53)