RE: cygwin performance

Thank you for the perl tip, Linda. I would have never dreamed (ergo never
tried) that the big-butt (PG rated term) perl engine would run faster than a
chain of miniature programs. Well, back to the good ol' perl manuals.

with kind regards

günter strubinsky
 <strubinsky@acm.org>

p.s. when I was a college prof I always reminded my students, that there are
no stupid questions, only stupid answers.