Building gcc on cygwin w/ Herman Ten Brugge's bounds checking patch

All,
  I've built gcc w/ the bounds checking patch on Linux
and solaris and am trying to build it on cygwin (w/
the
cygwin modified source from setup).  With tweak to
one file I've been able to get it to bootstrap w/o
any errors and the resulting C compiler will work
w/o specifying "-fbounds-checking".  But I get a seg
fault when specifying "-fbounds-checking".  Has anyone
been able to build gcc w/ this patch??  I'm sure the
problem is parts of the patch that don't apply cleanly
vs. the cygwin patches.

Regards,

Bill