Re: 1.5.5: sshd problem

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 07:38:46PM +1100, John Pye wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I have a strange problem with sshd and can't seem to find any tips in
> the mailing list archives, ssh docs, or on the web.
>
> I have been getting the following error, "ssh_exchange_identification:
> Connection closed by remote host" - see (1) below

Any interesting syslog entry from sshd?  Any error message in
/var/log/sshd.log?

If not, try this:

- Deinstall the sshd service: cygrunsrv -R sshd
- Edit /etc/passwd and remove the sshd account entry.
- Remove the sshd account: net user sshd /delete
- If you didn't change much in your /etc/ssh_config and /etc/ssdh_config
  files, remove them.
- Run ssh-host-config again.
- Run ssh-user-config for your own (and each other used) account.
- Restart the sshd service.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.