Re: OpenGL and cygwin

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Suresh Venkatasubramanian wrote:

> OK. now I am really confused.
> Let me try to summarize what I want to do.
>
> I want to compile an OpenGL program that uses the native windows
> opengl drivers for linking rather than cygwin's libraries.

This is part of your confusion.  Cygwin proper has no OpenGL libs (ie.
opengl32, glu32) per se.  It only has import libraries for the Window's
ones.  (Cygwin does have a glut.dll and import lib as you have seen.)

Cygwin XFree86 supplies OpenGL libs (ie. GL, GLU) via Mesa software
emulation.

> I compiled my code using
>
> gcc -mno-cygwin <src files> -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32

Did you try it without -mno-cygwin?  You will still get your Nvidia
OpenGL libs, but will be subject to Cygwin's license.

> the code compiles correctly, and does not run, giving the error I
> indicated earlier.

Maybe this is because you are getting Cygwin's glut import lib even when
using Nvidia's glut?  Just a guess.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer