Re: How to add MPI on Cygwin

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Amandeep Parmar wrote:

> I was wondering if we can add other compiler packages to Cygwin. I want to
> install the parallel programming package MPI to cygwin ( which I think is
> not already included in cygwin). I would really appreciate if somebody can
> help me out with it.
> Regards,
> AP

I have built MPICH on my cygwin installation. The building process was
straight forward. One thing to lookout for is that in MPICH, there are
many files that case sensitive (e.g. mpicc and mpiCC). Make sure you build
MPICH in a directory that is mounted with the "managed" option. You'll
also need rsh or sshd running to use it.

It works just fine on one machine, but I haven't tested it on multiple
machines. I only use it for code development on my laptop when I'm away
from the office.

Kevin Van Workum, PhD
Polymers Division 224/B228