REWIND on stdin in g77 3.3.1

After upgrading to g77 3.3.1 from g77 3.2, some of the code I was running
sucessfully before was not running anymore on a windows 2000 workstation.
After investigation, I found that the problem seemed to be when performing
REWINDs on stdin (unit 5).

To illustrate this, I created a simple fortran program test.f:

      CHARACTER*1 LINE(80)

 10   FORMAT(80A1)

      READ(5,10)LINE
      WRITE(6,10)LINE

      READ(5,10)LINE
      WRITE(6,10)LINE

      REWIND(5)

      READ(5,10)LINE
      WRITE(6,10)LINE

      READ(5,10)LINE
      WRITE(6,10)LINE

      END

I also created an input file, test.inp:
line 1
line 2
line 3
line 4

When compiling with g77 3.3.1, and running with "test.exe < test.inp" from
a cmd window the output is:
line 1
line 2
line 3
line 4

With g77 3.2, the output is what one should expect:
line 1
line 2
line 1
line 2

It seems that the REWIND statement has no effect in the 3.3.1 version. I
tried the same with the two versions of g77 on linux and both give the
correct result.

I would appreciate if someone could give me some insight on what is going
on here ...

Regards,

Patrice