Re: Installer question

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Andre Bleau wrote:

> > >Yes, it does.  The version of the installer currently distributed off the
> > >main Cygwin web site (v2.416) is non-resizeable and will forever stay that
> > >way[*].  There are a bunch of long discussions on both the main Cygwin
> > >list and the cygwin-apps list as to why it has to be so.
> >
> >I thought we agreed that we'd change it to be resizable to a 3.1 inch window
> >if there was a lot of interest in that.  Then when everyone got used to that,
> >we'd make a 3.2 inch window available.  We'd time these carefully at six month
> >intervals so as not to alarm anyone.
> >
> >Then by 2010 we'd have something like a 4.4 inch window available.
> >
> >"A 4.4 inch window should be enough for anyone."
> >
> >And you can quote me on that.
> >
> >cgf
>
> Anon,
>
> You could outsmart cgf by buying a larger monitor. What appears as a 3-inch
> window on a 15-inch monitor would be 4.5-inch on a 22-inch screen. By 2010,
> 45-inch monitors will be common place, and setup's chooser will thus be
> (wow!) 9 inches wide; that's double what cgf is promising you!
>
> ;->
>
> André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.
>
> Please address all questions and problem reports about Cygwin's OpenGL
> package to cygwin@cygwin.com .

Such technology is already available today with various magnifier tools.
Check the "Accessibility" features of your friendly Windows operating
system. ;-)  In fact, I just realized that with these tools, even today's
setup window is fully resizeable...  What do you know...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu