Re: nmake for cygwin?

>> Howdy All!
>>
>> Is there an nmake for cygwin? I looked it up in setup.exe under the
>> development category but could not find one.

>No, and since nmake is MS's make tool, it will not happen, since MS does
not offer the source.

Just to muddy the waters somewhat Lucent (or AT&T as it used to me i think)
also have an nmake utility
heres a link to the faq entry comparing it to gmake.
http://www.bell-labs.com/project/nmake/faq/gmake.html

>> Would there be a reason to use nmake over make anyway? (I have a
>> makefile that failed under 'make' and the readme said to use nmake..)

>Yes. You seem to have a nmake-makefile, so you have to use nmake, unless
you're rewriting it. Hint: Make-syntax is normally >not compatible between
different make utilities.

Of course this still applys anyway.