Fw: *** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 5. Terminating.

Hi.

    I'm not a computer guy, so forgive me if my question is awkward !

    I use cygwin by the intermediate of a Windows XP remote Desktop
Connection, and I connect to Win2000 server. I use cygwin mainly to compile
and run c++ code (to do scientific simulations). I have used Cygwin in this
context with absolutely no problem during several years, but recently, when
I try to start a Cygwin shell, I have this error message:
    *** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 5.  Terminating.
and the shell does not start.
I have tried to update to the lastest cygwin relase, with no results. I have
consult the FAQ and maling list, with no help. I have however find in the
mailing list related problems, but I don't understand if the problems are
similar or not, and I do not understand the responses. Here are the links:

Pierre A.H. seems to come with a solution:
"This problem has now been explained with James' help and this message is to
close the thread. It turns out that on some recent Windows systems a special
privilege, "create global objects", is required to run Cygwin 1.5.X from a
terminal session. It can be given to users with the  editrights.exe
utility. " but I can not run any executable cygwin file, I always have
thesame error message.

I have tried, as suggested by one the messages, to change code 513 to 544 in
etc/passwd, with no results.
    So, could somebody give me some hints about what to do ?

    Fab L.