inetd desktop interaction w/o console?

I know this has been discussed lots before, but I just spent the last few
hours googling, archive searching, trying run.exe, etc. without finding a
solid answer.

What are the known issues around allowing Cygwin's inetd to interact with
the desktop, but without showing the console window?

It would be a real nice feature for us to just add that service option
and have it work without the distracting console window.  So, I thought
I'd ping about the known issues before wasting more hours trying to get it
working.

In the end, I am expecting to contribute a patch to inetd allowing this if
it is reasonably possible.  So, I'm not looking for a handout, just a
jumping off point.

Thanks.

--
Brian Ford