Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: keychain-2.0.3-1

Hi All...

I believe I found a small bug in the latest keychain. For Cygwin, keychain now does a
"ps -e -u <username> -f" to look for ssh-agent processes...I believe it should be a
"ps -u <username> -f" instead.

The reason is as follows...the -e shows processes for all users. If multiple users have ssh-agent
processes hanging around, keychain can find the wrong one and this produces some strange
results. I may be the only one to see this because ssh-agent processes don't usually survive
a logoff. I launch keychain from a service for each user (that wants the feature) so that the
agent stays around for multiple logon/off sessions...that way, they live untill the next reboot.

The attached patch file removes the -e option and also creates a third output file in the
.keychain directory. The new file is ~/.keychain/${HOSTNAME}.cmd so that programs
launched from a windows command shell can also use keychain.

The second attachment is a script to launch keychain as a service for those interested in
surviving multiple logon/off sessions. Just use it to create a service for each user that wants
the feature. The service only sets up the ssh-agent. The keys are loaded from the .profile
and the passphrase(s) are entered then.

Thanks,

...Karl