Re: please do help me out

Here are some pointers as to where you might want to look for detailed help:
* http://cygwin.com/xfree/
  the site dedicated to XFree on Cygwin
* http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/
  the archives of the list dedicated to XFree on Cygwin (where this question
  would be on-topic)
* http://cygwin.com/xfree/docs/ug/
  The users guide of XFree for Cygwin
* http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/
  The FAQ for XFree on Cygwin
Personally, I don't know squat about XFree for Cygwin - I'm a console user all
the way (and I don't have XFree on my Linux boxes either), but I found these
URLs by just clicking on "XFree86" at the left on the cygwin.com home page
(right under "Software". You could have (and IMHO should have) done the same
thing :)

A look at the mailing lists page would have told you that "Questions about the
Cygwin/XFree86 project (or any X-related questions for cygwin) should go to
the cygwin-xfree mailing list (see below).", and would have given you three of
the URLs I gave you above :)

HTH

rlc

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 06:05:02PM +0530, schumii srinivasan wrote:
> hi everybody,
> i am a new user to this group and hope there are lots to help me out here.
> i am doing my theses in MANETs and for that i am using the ns-2 simulator.
> this ns-2 needs cygwin with X-free 86 in it. i  think iam able to install
> cygwin without any problem but when i check for this x-free86 using a
> command which is given in the cygwin documentation  it does not work and
> its replying that its not being installed properly.
>
> can anyone please giveme a clear idea and method to install this cygwin
> stuff and make xfre86 also in it safely. plese do anybody help me as soon
> as possible.
>
> ;with regards,
> vishak srinivasan

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal.