Re: Problem making rxvt

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, David A. Cobb wrote:

> > OK, Now I've reconciled my configure options with those in the
> > document, and defined the libraries as shown.
>

> Same result, basically.  This time I got to a recursion about 180 proc's
> deep when something failed ( happily ) and unwound the stack.
> Next experiment is to cd into the source tree to do the build: the
> example does show "./configure".
> THIS IS STILL A BUG!  Building from inside is, in fact, discouraged,
> IIRC, in the Autotools references.

You can try using lndir. I use it when builddir != srcdir
doesn't work.

Anyway, I think only packages that use Automake are supposed to
work without it. The others that only use Autoconf may or not.
rxvt doesn't entirely. On Linux CVS failed for me making the
man page (I had Yodl installed).

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html