BUG?: /usr/bin is accepted as /bin in PATH

Hello

I send again since no file is attached in my last mail

I want to report you a  bug observed by me
I have just (on 27.11.2003) downloaded  CygWin and installed it with all
packages installed on a new laptop with Windows XP. The installation runs
without error.
I have then started Cygwin by the link on the desktop of Windows XP i.e. the
installed /etc/profile is executed. in the cygwin windows Afterwards I see
with cygcheck -s that Cygwin accepted the path /usr/bin set in PATH as /bin
!? The setting of PATH is done with the file /etc/profile provided by CygWin
and my observation is based on cygcheck -s, whose output is attached here,
the file cycheck_s.txt. Please seealso cycheck_s.txt, line

Path:	C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin
	C:\cygwin\bin
	C:\cygwin\bin
	C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin
	c:\WINDOWS\system32
	c:\WINDOWS
	c:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
	c:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Adaptec Shared\System

to be sure with my observation i have written then a bash file with 2 line

#!/bin/sh
echo "Hello World"

and move this bash file from every directory set for PATH in /etc/profile
and see that i can NOT call this bash file when it is in /usr/bin.

Any help is appreciated

Huu Dung Nguyen

 <<PROFILE>>  <<cygcheck_s.txt>>  <<cygcheck_c.txt>>  <<SET.TXT>>