Re: rsync horribly broken

If that's the case, how did rsync generate the list of files to copy? Why would rsync
not be able to read them but cp would? Seems like an odd restriction "rsync can read
and compare network paths, but can't actually open the paths to copy them because
it can't understand the paths that it created through it's own iteration.

2nd, how would half the files succeed/compare successfully after being copied via "cp".
Are you saying other linux commands have special processing in them to handle "//"? I've
just always assumed that was handled transparently by the cygwin path layer?

Rsync's handling of the paths is "inconsistent" with other utils under cygwin, thus the
reporting of it as a bug.