Re: Different behaviour of "test -f" under cmd and bash, when calledfrom compiled App

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Luis Torres wrote:

> 2)  In relation to the above I tracked the following problem. If I use (interactive shell):
>       test -f AfileIKnowExists && echo YES (under either cmd.exe or Cygwin/bash), I get the correct answer
>        (test.exe  from /cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin as per official distribution)
>       while if I use the code bellow within a program.exe compiled under Cygwin, I get the correct answer if
>          I use it within bash but NOT the correct answer if I use the program in cmd.exe
>
>      Code : "
>           strcpy(command,"test -f ");
>   strcat(command,fpath);
>   if(verbose)
>     fprintf(stderr,"Executing %s\n", command);
>   if(!system(command))

I don't see the problem right off, but HTH.

This will do:

/bin/sh -c command

Also, sh is ash.

With  a  command argument, the result of `system' is the exit
status returned by `/bin/sh'.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer