Re: Setup hangs in postinstall

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Antoine Labour wrote:
> Brian Ford wrote:
> > Have you tried to strace it?

Antonine, you might try the same.  It might be more informative to see
how we got there than to see just a static stack dump.

strace -o /tmp/tracelog.txt /bin/bash.exe -c yourtestcase.sh.

Then send the tail of that log when you get it to happen.

> > Can you get a stack trace of the hang in gdb?  Note: You may need a debug
> > version of the cygwin1.dll or shell for this to be valid.  I will provide
> > the former if you are willing to test it.
>
> FWIW here's a link to a previous message of mine in which I give a full
> stack(s) trace(s) of both parent and child processes.
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-11/msg00796.html

Yes, sorry again.  My memory is failing me.  I still have that message in
my inbox.

> I'm sorry I can't do much more since this problem occurs only randomly
> on my machine(s).

Could you try current cvs and post the stack trace again?  Thanks.

I am trying to take a look as time permits.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer