Re: List responces (Was: Re: Third-party products that include Cygwin)

At 12:31 AM 12/20/2003, Rolf Campbell you wrote:
>Larry Hall wrote:
>>At 05:24 PM 12/13/2003, Hannu E K Nevalainen you wrote:
>>>PLEASE NOTE:
>>>** on a mailing list; please keep replies on that particular list **
>>I'm a little confused by the intent of your "note" above.  If this is directed at me, I replied to your message the way I always reply, with
>>you don't set your reply-to header.  If you prefer to get just one copy of any reply (i.e. the one that goes to the list), set your reply-to
>>header to point to the list.  My email client will obey your stated preference automatically.  Of course, if you were directing this comment
>>at someone else, then you can ignore the above.
>You have made an assumption that everyone accesses this list the same way you do.  For those of us that use the nntp gateway, we cannot set our reply-to field to be the list.

Good point.  My apologies.  I guess if your method of access doesn't
support "reply-to", you're stuck with the status quo unless you decide
to use Chris's new "reply-to" only list.  You (and anyone else that has
this problem) might want to check it out.

Holliston, MA 01746