cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:

Hi,
 I am getting the following on running query on cron service:
$ cygrunsrv.exe -Q cron
Service cron exists
Type                : Own Process
Current State       : Stopped
Controls Accepted   :

chandresh@chandresh ~
$ cygrunsrv.exe -S cron
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error
1062:
The service has not been started.
The file /var/cron/cron.log is empty.
Following is the complete process I tried to install and run cron.
$ cygrunsrv.exe -E cron

chandresh@chandresh ~
$ cygrunsrv.exe -R cron

chandresh@chandresh ~
$ cygrunsrv.exe -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron.exe

chandresh@chandresh ~
$ cygrunsrv.exe -S cron
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error
1062:
The service has not been started.

chandresh@chandresh ~
$ cygrunsrv.exe -Q cron
Service cron exists
Type                : Own Process
Current State       : Stopped
Controls Accepted   :
Please help if you have an idea as to why the cron service is not
starting. Here is what I get in the application log on trying to
start cron service:
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	cron
Event Category:	None