Re: Compiling Linux Kernel yields Error 255

In exactly what way didn't the "things that worked for others" work for
you?  Does the 'xargs' command help?  Please let the list know what you've
tried (preferably with exact command lines and error messages).  Do they
work if you run the expanded command from a shell script?

The expanded command list did work on the shell script and also the command prompt. I didn't try xargs, didn't find any reference to that.

FYI, you can also shorten the parameter list *a lot* by using either a
symlink from the root directory or a mount to remove the prefix paths
(e.g., "ln -s /cygdrive/d/Tools/linux-2.4.20/include /li").
	Igor

This is what I tried with the mount command and it worked like a charm. Thank you very much.

~ Ashwin