Re: SFU installed -> rxvt problems

Olaf wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 03:19:55PM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> Olaf wrote:

>> > It seems there is a global defined variable DISPLAY now which points to
>> > 127.0.0.1:0.0. And rxvt reads it and thinks that there is a X-Server
>> > running.
>>
>> Yes, I've defined this always, since I installed the X server for the
>> first time, but rxvt always works also without a running X server.
>>
>> $ cat .bashrc | grep DISPLAY
>> export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0

> That's right, rxvt works wthout X, but if DISPLAY is dset, then it
> thinks there is an X-server(at least here).

> $ export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0;rxvt
> rxvt: can't open display 127.0.0.1:0.0

After I uninstalled SFU now, it works again;)  And I still have DISPLAY
defined in .bashrc.  Im starting rxvt directly with a shortcut, then
rxvt doesn't see the define in .bashrc until it has started, then bash
is started and .bashrc is sourced, so that isn't the problem here.

I also verified that DISPLAY wasn't defined as a global environment
setting during SFU installation.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html