Re: running the latest cygwin on a windows 2003 server

another question to this topic came into my mind:

"why is this all happening only to the Windows Server 2003 machine"?

The same installation with the same configuration runs well with
Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Although the SAMBA problem
appears on all machines. It must have something to do with
specific tools that run during setup and configure something wrong.

How about when you start bash from a command prompt (i.e., open an "MS DOS
prompt" window, "cd c:\cygwin\bin", and ".\bash.exe --login -i") as a
non-administrative user? What if you omit "--login"?

when I enter ".\bash.exe --login -i" (with or without --login) I get

*** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 0. Terminating.

Kind regards, Stefan