Re: problem with mkgroup -d DOMAIN

Hi Pierre,

thanks first for looking at my problem!

Regarding the CreateFileMapping problem, the message you report is
  *** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 0. Terminating.
but the code in Cygwin is

    api_fatal ("CreateFileMapping %s, %E.  Terminating.", mapname);
The *** in front is added elsewhere, but you are missing the space
after CreateFileMapping and the mapname (which could be null).

I see two formatting arguments but only one parameter. Is that right?

So, what version of Cygwin are you using?

cygcheck -V says 1.38 (is it the version number you needed to know?)
I made an update 2 days ago.

From a cmd window in c:\cygwin\bin, what does
strace true produce?

it gives the same result:

*** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 0. Terminating.

Are the non privileged users running from the console or from
terminal services?

I am not sure whether I understand your question correctly.
The non privilieged users connect from any Windows system
via rdesktop to the Windows 2003 server and are trying to
open a cygwin shell on the Remotedesktor.

Do they have the "create global object" privilege? If not, try
 to assign it.

Here I'm lost. How do I do this?

You say it's working on Win2000. What service pack? Also, on that
machine, what are the answers to the 2 questions above?

SP 4 - 'strace true' prints out almost everything I can imagine
starting with Program name: C:\cygwin\bin\true.exe

Stefan