Re: rsh as NONE SYSTEM user = permission denied

At 06:19 AM 1/22/2004, Steven Hartland you wrote:
>Thanks for a not very helpful response there Larry.
>Some of us do search the archives before asking questions you know.

Oh, forgive me.  I wasn't using my mind-reading abilities when I read your
post.

As you'll notice from the rest of the quoted message below, I pointed you to
the problem reporting page that explains the leg work that you should do
before posting.  That includes searching the email archives (which you mentioned you did - again sorry for not reading your mind) as well as
available docs (which you probably also did - we highly encourage that too
and appreciate those who do it!).  But the part you missed in all that prose
was that you should always send your 'cygcheck' output.  One of the first
questions that occurred to me and that I couldn't answer from your original
post was "Is he using Cygwin's rsh?".  'cygcheck' output along with the other
information I asked for would have allowed me and others on the list to
eliminate that and other obvious questions and follow-up with more informed
questions.  So that's why I pointed you at that page and asked the questions
I did.  If you felt that was being unhelpful, sorry.  I did the best I could.
Clearly, you were better equipped to solve your problem than anyone else
here (including me) so I guess it doesn't matter.  You should be careful
about chastising people who respond to your posts however.  While I've
developed a relatively thick skin over the years on this list, you can't
expect that from everyone, especially when they're doing you the favor of
any response.  You just might be limiting your potential pool of help for
future posts.  I'm guessing that's not your real intent.  Anyway, I'm glad
you found a solution you find acceptable.

<snip>