I post NOT to condemn cgf ...

... but to actually bestow my praise.

First I would like to drag up some mud from the past:

> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 12:52:53PM -0400, Brian.Kelly@empireblue.com
wrote:
>> Ah well, someday the denial will end, or the problem will get fixed
>> unintentionally when some other change is made and the "cygworld will
>> go on".

cgf:
> If cygwin triggers a windows problem that does not mean
> that it is a cygwin problem no matter how hard that is for you to
> understand.

> I fix all sorts of problems in cygwin which are really windows problems
> but,
> golly gee, if I can't duplicate them, I can't fix them.  And, my
> willingness
> to debug some things is limited.  If it takes running a perl script every
> five minutes for a day to duplicate the problem, then that is not
something
> that I'm going to do anytime soon.

> This is not denial.  This is a refusal to take a large amount of my time
> to find a workaround to a windows problem.

Heh, heh - well cygwin fans, I'd like to report that as of 1.5.6-1, it
*appears* that numerous memory and process hanging problems I've been
having since the dawn of time have *suddenly* disappeared!!!!! I have yet
to fully determine if I can dispense with RAMpage, but so far things look
VERY encouraging.

Once again I'd like to thank cgf, Corrina, Igor, and all other
contributor's for their efforts in fixing this *WINDOWS* problem.  ;-)

Brian Kelly

"WellChoice, Inc." made the following
 annotations on 01/24/2004 09:39:19 AM
Attention!  This electronic message contains information that may be legally confidential and/or privileged.  The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Release/Disclosure Statement