Cygwin and Faxsoftware - COM1 not available

Hi all there,

I'm evaluating Zetafax 7.5 using a simple Fax (class 0,1,2) - modem
connected to COM1. My Cygwin - Version is 7.5.6 and I'm also running KDE
1.3.4, the Bind9-binary packaged by Gerrit P. Haase and a DHCPD-binary
succesfully.

I could verify, that as soon as I've started KDE or the named-daemon, that
COM1 isn't accessible any more by Zetafax, whereas Hyperterminal can access
COM1 successfully; and on the other hand the dhcpd-daemon or a simple
cygwin-console can coexist with Zetafax without any problems. Therefore it's
absolutely unclear to me, what the problem is really, where and how to find
it and what to do to avoid it whitout help from the cygwin-developers.

My  suggestion is to have an additional option in the "$CYGWIN" - variable,
which I've set to "noreset_com" already, which disables one specific or all
com-ports in a way, that they aren't touched by cygwin at all.

Best regards Peter