Can cygwin be configured to always use mixed path output types?

Hi,

I have a project that requires me to use both cygwin
and MKS.. MKS primarily uses paths like "c:/temp" and
cygwin has the path "/cygdrive/c/temp".  I know I can
use cygpath (cygpath -m /cygdrive/c/temp) to convert
the cygwin path to "c:/temp" but that solution will be
very time consuming to implement in the very large
application I need to convert. I was wondering if
there was a way to configure cygwin to work with the
mixed path mode instead of using cygpath in my
scripts.

Thanks in advance.

Dan