csh color codes

Dear all,

I am running the latest Cygwin on my Win2k and I'm using csh as the
standard shell. The color mode for XTerm is enabled and works fine, e.g.
with "ls --color".

However I have a problem to figure out how to generate the appropriate
control (escape) sequences to included colors in shell script outputs. I
have some shell scripts here which originate from a HP-UX based csh.
There, the escape sequences are generated by pressing "Ctrl + V" + "Esc" +
"[" + 'code', where 'code' is e.g. "1m" for bold or "32m" for green (=
^[[32m).
However, these codes don't work within the Cygwin-csh.

Does anyone know the correct sequences here?

Thanks,
Jochen =8-)