Re: "Error when trying to run ls or rm commands"

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_toc.html#TOC36

> then I used the complete path /bin/ls and then I get a new message with
> a permission denied response and a window message saying .DLL file not
> found, required CYGICONV-2.DLL.

Something probably went wrong with the package dependency mechanism used
by the setup program.  This has been a relatively frequently reported
issue.

In general, to solve this kind of problem, visit:

http://cygwin.com/packages/

enter cygiconv-2.dll, and you would see that it is part of
libiconv2/libiconv2-1.9.1-3.  Please install this package via Cygwin's
setup program.

> If only this detail was my problem then I assume I was doing something very
> wrong, but for my surprise I can run the 'cd' and 'pwd' commands with no
> problems.

cd and pwd are built into the bash shell that Cygwin runs by default.

> I hope someone can guide me if something is wrong with my installation or if
> I made a mistake, thnx a lot

In general, it is common courtesy to read the 1.) FAQ and 2.)
documentation as well as 3.) searching the mailing list archives before
posting.  If you had done 1.) and 3.), you would not have needed to post.

Also, please read:

before posting next time, especially the part about attaching cygcheck
output.  Thanks.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer