RE: memory leaks in fork(?)

  I can confirm that there are definitely memory management problems in
Agnitum outpost.

  I downloaded it a few months ago and tried to install it on a machine on
which I was also running the M$ driver verifier.  Within a couple of seconds
of completing the installation - before even rebooting for the first time -
driver verifier BSOD'd the machine because AOF was either writing past the
end of its allocated memory or rewriting memory after it had freed it, I
can't remember precisely which.

  My machine then went into an endless cycle of reboot, BSOD, reboot, BSOD,
as AOF messed up every time it got started up and so I couldn't get to the
desktop to disable driver verifier!  To repair my machine, I had to boot in
safe mode and disable the device driver that AOF had installed, then reboot
in normal mode and uninstall it.

  I can't understand how AOF could be released with such bugs in it.  I
don't know whether the people at Agnitum simply didn't test their software
under driver verifier, or whether it didn't show this behaviour when they
did, but I believe it speaks poorly to their quality control standards.

    cheers,
      DaveK