Setting date and time

Hi All,

I am trying to resolve a problem using PostgreSQL that may have its roots in
Cygwin (see below).

I am running PostgreSQL version 7.3.2 on Windows XP using Cygwin  version
1.3.20.

Once the PostgreSQL postmaster has started, if I change the system date on
the PC, and query the database (Select current_date), the result I get is
the date on the system relative to when postmaster started as a service, not
the new date on the PC.  Am I missing something really obvious??

test=# select now();
            now
----------------------------
 2004-01-29 11:25:06.553-06
(1 row)

test=# \!
$ date
Thu Jan 29 11:25:09 CST 2004
$ date 01\25\2004
Sun Jan 25 20:04:00 CST 2004
$ date
Sun Jan 25 20:04:01 CST 2004
$ exit

test=# select now();
            now
 2004-01-29 11:25:34.032-06
(1 row)

Thanks for your consideration of this request for help.

George