[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: naim-0.11.6.5-1

naim 0.11.6.5 is now available through the Cygwin Net Release.

naim is a console client for AOL Instant Messenger, ICQ, Internet Relay
Chat, and The lily CMC. Development work is done on Linux, but naim should
work on any system with an ANSI C compiler, BSD sockets, and ncurses. This
includes operating systems such as BeOS, FreeBSD, Mac OS 10, NetBSD, and
Microsoft Windows using Cygwin. naim has been in development since October,
1998. More information is available from:
	http://naim.n.ml.org/

,--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| To install or upgrade this package, run the Cygwin Net Release Setup     |
| Program, available from [http://cygwin.com/setup.exe]. Answer all of the |
| questions to reach the Select Packages screen. You will find naim listed |
| in the "Net" category.                                                   |

Summary of changes from 0.11.6.4 to 0.11.6.5
[FT  FEA] (backported from 0.12) All individual protocol drivers have been
	rewritten as permanent modules. Transient (/modloaded) modules can
	add new protocol drivers dynamically.
[UI  fea] /newconn now lists all available protocol drivers when no
	arguments are given.
[TOC FEA] (backported from 0.12) /sync now preserves group names, and saved
	group names are restored when naim retrieves your permanent buddy
	list from the TOC server.
[UI  fea] The screen initialization routines are much more verbose.
[pkg fea] New --enable-forceascii, defaults to ENABLED in Cygwin. If
	specified, a new $forceascii setting will be available. When
	non-zero, naim will use alternate characters (+-|) in place of super
	ASCII line-drawing characters. Patch by Igor Pechtchanski.
[UI  fea] (backported from 0.12) /addbuddy and /groupbuddy will match case
	and spacing for existing groups. This is required for persistent
	group support.
[UI  bug] Some /-commands only make sense in specific situations, but a bug
	was allowing them to be used anywhere. Fixed. (Bug reported by
	Walter Venable.)
[pkg bug] Cygwin build script used gunzip on a .bz2 file. Fixed.
[UI  fea] /newconn will accept one argument (and pick the appropriate driver
	name) if it recognizes the connection name.
[pkg fea] New --enable-dnsupdate, defaults to ENABLED in Cygwin. If
	specified, naim will periodically check for the availability of a
	newer version of itself.
[UI  FEA] New /jumpback command, also available as M-b and F7. Allows the
	user to do a reverse /jump (to the previous window).

If there is any questionable behaviour at all, please contact me directly at
<n@ml.org>, on AIM as "naim help," or on EFnet or Undernet IRC in #naim. If
you are interested in the use and development of naim, feel free to
subscribe to the naim-users mailing list. Just send a blank email to
<naim-users-subscribe@n.ml.org> and reply to the confirmation message.

--
Daniel Reed <n@ml.org>	http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
There go my people. I must find out where they are going so I can lead