tcl /tk on cygwin + mouse wheel event

Hello,
I am having some issues with mouse wheel on a cygwin system. Could any one comment on this ?

None of these scripts work:
wish
#---- tcl program starts here
% proc foo { args } { puts "foo" }
% bind . "<MouseWheel>" foo
#----

python
#---- python program starts here
def foo(event): print "foo"
import Tkinter
win = Tkinter.Tk()
win.bind("<MouseWheel>", foo)
win.mainloop()
#----

Is there something I should know to use catch a mouse wheel event in tk on a cygwin system. I also tried the 'unix' fashion that is say binding the Button-4 and Button-5 but still I get no result at all.

Comments/suggestions really welcome.
Thanks a bunch,
Mathieu
Ps: by the way if you think this is more of a tcl/tk problem just let me know.