Re: tcl /tk on cygwin + mouse wheel event

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 18:26:06 -0500, Mathieu Malaterre wrote in
<4024228E.4090007@nycap.rr.com>:

>Hello,
>	I am having some issues with mouse wheel on a cygwin system. Could any
>one comment on this ?
>
>None of these scripts work:

They work fine in my system. See below.

>Comments/suggestions really welcome.
>Thanks a bunch,
>Mathieu
>Ps: by the way if you think this is more of a tcl/tk problem just let me
>know.

Rather a Tcl/Tk issue. You may not be aware of the fact that Cygwin's
Tcl/Tk is in reality a set of true *native* win32 binaries. No POSIX
emulation layer at all. That is, tclsh and wish need to find their
libraries with Win32 style paths.

Assuming you are using the latest Tcl/Tk as of today and
bash/zsh/pdksh as your default shell, add this file to your
/etc/profile.d/ :

cat > /etc/profile.d/tcltk.sh
export TCL_LIBRARY=$(/usr/bin/cygpath -w /usr/share/tcl8.4)
export TK_LIBRARY=$(/usr/bin/cygpath -w /usr/share/tk8.4)
^D

Close your shell console and start a new one. Your test programs will
work as expected. If you examine your shell environment, you'll find
the folowing:

TCL_LIBRARY=C:\cygwin\usr\share\tcl8.4
TK_LIBRARY=C:\cygwin\usr\share\tk8.4

This same procedure solves the problem people has had with WinCVS.

Cheers

Alejo