Re: Fw: cygwin-perl added to Gmane

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 11:53:53PM -1000, dominix wrote:

>Gmane Administrator wrote:
>> We have received a request for adding the cygwin-perl@yahoogroups.com
>> mailing list to the Gmane mail-to-news gateway/archive. A subscription
>> request message has been sent.
>> The following parameters are set for this mailing list:
>>
>>     * Newsgroup name: gmane.os.cygwin.perl
>>     * Mailing list address: cygwin-perl@yahoogroups.com
>>     * The gateway is bi-directional
>>     * Address encryption is off
>>     * Spam detection is on
>>     * The list is described as:
>>       "Perl related stuff on cygwin"
>>     * News URL: news://news.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.perl
>>     * Web URL: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.perl
>ok, we're on gmane now.

Ok.  Let me once again point out that this mailing list has nothing to
do with the cygwin project.  I would appreciate it if this is the last
message on the subject.  I think it's a poor idea to segment discussion
in this way.

I'll reiterate my willingness to create a new sources.redhat.com mailing
list for the project but since the perl maintainer hasn't indicated that
they think it is a good idea, I guess it isn't likely to happen.