Re: Segfault in _cygwin_dll_entry

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Jason Tishler wrote:

> Peter,
>
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:14:10AM +0100, peda@sectra.se wrote:
> > You're talking about rebased dlls. I don't know if cygggi-2.dll is
> > rebased or not, how can I tell?
>
> Rebasing is a manual process.  So, if you didn't run rebaseall or rebase
> yourself, then cygggi-2.dll and the rest of your DLLs are not rebased.

That's part of the point to this little problem.  When libzsh-4.1.1.ddl
is rebased the problem shows up, but cygggi-2.dll isn't rebased and the
same problem shows up.  It appears that only very convoluted
configurations evoke this problem, making it a very tough bug to shoot.

What I really want to know is how to stop the loading of a DLL right when
Dllmain is called.  In other words, I want to be able to trace all cygwin
code to determine weither this is a Windows bug or a cygwin bug.  I don't
know if I can do this with gdb or weither I'll have to resort to some
other means.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>