zsh-4.1.1-2 still seems broken under Cygwin-1.5.7-1 .

My PC is running under Windows XP Professional, and until recently with Cygwin-1.5.5-1 and zsh-4.1.1-1 . I upgraded to Cygwin-1.5.6-1, installing everything available, in particular including zsh-4.1.1-2 . zsh behaved in a buggy fashion. I reported it; you kindly replied that similarly problems had been reported by others, and that Cygwin-1.5.7-1 should fix matters. I upgraded to that, and the behavior is improved, but still buggy: (1) sometimes when I start zsh it hangs, sometimes it starts normally; (2) zsh command-line editing generally badly messes up the display when long command lines are being edited. I seem to recall that problem (2) was a consistent nuisance a while back, but then some new Cygwin release (I don't remember which) fixed it. (I generally run zsh under screen, by the way.)

The only reason I upgraded from Cygwin-1.5.5 was to have the most up-to-date release; it behaved without problem for me. Is there any way I can restore it?

Thanks for your attention and reply.

-- Morris M. Siegel
 mmsiegel@CheetahMail.com