Re: zsh-4.1.1-2 still seems broken under Cygwin-1.5.7-1 .

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Morris Siegel wrote:

> My PC is running under Windows XP Professional, and until recently with
> Cygwin-1.5.5-1 and zsh-4.1.1-1 .  I upgraded to Cygwin-1.5.6-1, installing
> everything available, in particular including zsh-4.1.1-2 .  zsh behaved in
> a buggy fashion.  I reported it; you kindly replied that similarly problems
> had been reported by others, and that Cygwin-1.5.7-1 should fix matters.  I
> upgraded to that, and the behavior is improved, but still buggy: (1)
> sometimes when I start zsh it hangs, sometimes it starts normally; (2) zsh
> command-line editing generally badly messes up the display when long command
> lines are being edited.  I seem to recall that problem (2) was a consistent
> nuisance a while back, but then some new Cygwin release (I don't remember
> which) fixed it.  (I generally run zsh under screen, by the way.)

cgf said in earlier email that this has been fixed in CVS and will be
pushed into the next release.  For the moment, if you really need zsh
(like me :), downgrade to 1.5.5 and wait for the update to appear.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>