Re: Question reg the kernel location

At 10:48 PM 2/13/2004, Lakshmy Ramaswamy you wrote:
>Hi,
>I am new to cygwin. I wanted to install ALSA in Cygwin but I am getting an error which states that I need to specify the kernel location since the program is unable to find the kernel location. Specifically it is unable to find:
>checking for kernel version... The file /usr/src/linux/include/linux/version.h does not exist.
>Any suggestion is welcome.

I think you're out of luck.  ALSA stands for Advanced *Linux* Sound
Architecture so the chances of getting it to build and run on anything
other than Linux with little effort isn't likely.  It's tied to the
Linux kernel, as the above configure message implies.  Cygwin is great
but it will never be Linux. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746