Re: Still trouble with IPC/cygipc

Ok, I think I didn't make myself clear. I thought my trouble was somehow
related to cygipc, but obviously it is not. I *do not* want to use cygipc. I
*do* want to use the new IPC routines in libcygwin.a.

I startup cygserver (usually as a service, also tried it by hand) with log
level 7 and debug enabled in cygserver.conf. Otherwise, cygserver.conf is
unchanged. I get the usual startup messages, finishing with "waiting for
requests". I compile an arbitrary program containing semget (ipc.h includes
cygwin/ipc.h, I checked that). I execute it, it dies saying "bad system
call". In the logs of cygserver, I get absolutely nothing. Same thing on XP
(using that now) and Windows98. filemon says that no other files than
cygwin1.dll are opened while my program is running.

I feel completely lost here and have no idea what I could check to find an
error.

Frank