Re: Pserver on cygwin corrupts binary files

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:06:47 -0600, Chuck Irvine wrote in
<001d01c3f368$60dcfe70$6500a8c0@Ray>:

>I'm using a cvs pserver on cygwin and I find that when I pull (checkout,
>update, etc) binary file from the repository they come out corrupted,
>i.e. can't be opened with jar, etc. Using the cvs command locally works
>fine. If I'm not mistaken, I've used used a cvs pserver previously
>without this problem. Does any have any idea what my problem might be? I
>specify dos line endings when I set up Cygwin, if that makes any
>difference.

Yup. You didn't read the CVS manual. Particularly what sticky tags
are, and the reason of being of a certain CVSROOT/cvswrappers file in
the repository.

Furthermore, using textmode mounts in cygwin main filesystem structure
is asking for trouble.