Re: Solved: Still trouble with IPC

Frank Wübbeling wrote:
Looking at the cygwin sources, I realized that any access to cygserver is
disabled unless I explicitly export CYGWIN="server=1". Doing this
immediately solved my problems. Weird. Since cygserver is now the default
IPC code, shouldn't the default for allow_server be "yes"?

Not until all of the software that is part of the distribution which currently uses cygipc has been officially switched over to using cygserver. At present, this includes

  postgresql
  cygwin-xfree (all packages)
  xemacs
  GraphicsMagick
  ImageMagick
  gd
  ddd
  gv
  xaw3d
  openbox
  fvwm
  x2x
  lesstif
  xwinclip

I'm not sure how many of these directly use cygipc themselves, or just need it because they're X programs, and XFree86 needs it.

--
Chuck