Re: Known feature?

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:26:13PM -0800, linda w wrote:
>I wonder how difficult it would be for her to apply her knowledge to strace
>and implement the same (since i'm running on XP it would be pertinent)...

Gee.  I wonder why Corinna didn't think of that.  She could take some of
her spare time out to help *you*, rather than have *you* take some of your
spare time out to provide a patch.

In the true spirit of open source, maybe Corinna should start her own
mailing list where people could send her their requirements and she
could work non-stop implementing them.

>Corinna - thanks for the work-around.  I the possibility of turning off
>tracing from the command line, but didn't understand wny it would be
>needed wanted when invoking strace...now I know...it's a kludge for not
>doing it on a control-c exit.  Sigh.

No, it's not a kludge, any more than similar functionality in linux is
a kludge.  The -p is a useful option in its own right.  The fact that
ctrl-c doesn't kill the attached process is a side-effect.

cgf