Re: 20040217 unhoses unzip!

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 07:06:19PM -0500, Thomas L Roche wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 03:18:33PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> I've created a new snapshot
>
>http://cygwin.com/snapshots/cygwin1-20040217.dll.bz2
>
>> which incorporates Pierre's much appreciated research into the
>> unzip[-related] problem.
>
>and which WORKS! n == 1 (I'll check how it works for my boss, too),
>but my setup script ran to completion for the first time in > 1 wk ...
>(gotta catch up on a lotta work, which will probably block emacs
>debugging until after 1.5.8 :-(

Hmm.  I really don't understand why unless you were unzipping *a lot*
of files with long filenames.  There should have been something like
32MB of space to waste before you saw the problem.

I guess I shouldn't complain but many years of programming make me
wonder if there is another bug lurking here.

cgf