Built GCC 3.3.3 on Cygwin, should I use it?

Hello, I downloaded GCC 3.3.3, built it using GCC 3.3.1 that comes
with Cygwin.
My configure line was:
$ ../gcc-3.3.3/./configure --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.3.3 --exec-prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.3.3

The configure script, make and make install finsihed without any errors.

When I do: $ /usr/local/gcc-3.3.3/bin/gcc --version the output is:
gcc (GCC) 3.3.3

$ /usr/local/gcc-3.3.3/bin/g++ --version yields:
g++ (GCC) 3.3.3

When I build C++ programs using GCC 3.3.3, I specify: "-L /usr/local/gcc-3.3.3/lib/",
or else I would get errors linking.
When I build C programs, that doesn't seem to be necessary (why?).

I've tried to rebuild a number of programs I have written using GCC 3.3.3 and
every single one of them seem to work as they should. Many of them are Win32
GUI programs (written in C++), some are programs using posix functions.

So my question is: What problems can I expect if continue to use GCC 3.3.3?
Should I go back to GCC 3.3.1 or is it fine to continue to use the later
version? Any other drawbacks of this upgrade? Any benefits? If someone would
shed some light on this I would be grateful.
I don't want to break things in Cygwin and get all kinds of weird errors
but at the same time it feels good to use the latest official gcc release.

Thanks for any replies