Re: vi and cygwin

my question was if vi is available under cygwin. I know about vim and about
it's compatible option. Just curious if there is a "pure" vi available and
it seems not to be...
thanks though
/totte

"DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest@ftb.com> wrote in message
F67AB1DD14544242BE5BFE94F5939175B7F296@E2KMEMMCS1.ftbco.ftn.com">news:F67AB1DD14544242BE5BFE94F5939175B7F296@E2KMEMMCS1.ftbco.ftn.com...
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but try this command-line
option with vim.

-+- man vim -+-

-C          Compatible.  Set the 'compatible' option.  This  will  make
                   Vim  behave  mostly  like  Vi,  even  though  a
.vimrc file
                   exists.