Re: Can't get list of download sites

At 09:37 PM 2/20/2004, Soh Kok Hong you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Thank you for your help.  I found that using the "Use IE5 Settings" connection mode works.  Performing a packet trace shows that this mode adds a bit more text in the HTTP transactions:
>
>GET /cygwin/mirrors.lst HTTP/1.1\r\n
>If-Modified-Since: <deleted>\r\n
>If-None-Match: <deleted>\r\n
>Host: sources.redhat.com\r\n
>Connection: Keep-Alive\r\n
>\r\n
>
>My question would be why offer "Direct Connection" if it is not going to work?

I find trying to get around with crutches or with a cane to be extremely
difficult for me.  I'm always kicking the cane by mistake and tripping over
it.  Crutches get caught under things and they make my arms ache.
Fortunately, my legs work fine for me so I don't need crutches or a cane
to get around.  But I don't consider the cane or the crutches broken just
because they don't work for me.  And for some people, they are a necessity.
It's the same thing with the different settings in setup.  You shouldn't
assume something is broken just because you haven't figured out a way to
make it work for you.

Holliston, MA 01746