Re: Request: Cgywin version dependancy listed in setup

At 07:32 PM 2/26/2004, Charles Plager you wrote:
>Hello,
>    I don't know if this has been discussed before or not (my apologies if I missed it).  It seems clear to me that not everybody always wants to upgrade to the latest version of the cygwin dll.  The problem comes when we do want to upgrade one particular piece of cygwin.  As far as I can tell, it is really hard to tell whether a new piece of software requires a newer version of the cygwin dll that you have installed or whether it will work fine.
>
>    (Not that I have to ask, but) Any thoughts, comments?

Setup will eventually handle version dependencies too (it may be set up
for it now, I didn't check).  That means that setup will understand if
it's dependencies need to be updated as well.  For now, you don't have
that option (either because it's not completely there yet in setup or
because the packages aren't making use of it).  However it is something
that has been discussed, though probably just on the cygwin-apps list.

Holliston, MA 01746